Celebrate Holiday Traditions at Windsor Court
When the ‘most wonderful time of year’ rolls around, join the Windsor Court as we celebrate our classic holiday traditions with these events, sights and culinary experiences.
- Thanksgiving - Spend the holiday with The Grill Room as we put a spin on the classic turkey dinner. Not in the mood for turkey? Choose from Scallops with sweet potato and pea risotto or bacon wrapped pork tenderloin with a butternut squash puree.
- Reveillon Dinner in The Grill Room - Celebrate this revered French tradition still ensconced in New Orleans culture with a special 4-course plated dinner in The Grill Room, available the entire month of December (excluding December 24, 25 & 31)
- Holiday Tea at Le Salon – November 25 through December 31, enjoy traditional English tea with irresistible seasonal indulgences. A New Orleans tradition for the generations.
- Holiday Choirs - Throughout December, celebrate the sounds of the season with performances in the lobby by local school choirs.
- Metairie Park Country Day School - Dec 1, 10:30am
- St. Louis King of France School - Dec 6, 1pm
- Lusher Charter School - Dec 7, 1:30pm
- Edward Hynes Charter School - Dec 8, 10am
- Isidore Newman Upper School - Dec 8, 1pm
- Trinity Episcopal School - Dec 12, 11am
- Isidore Newman Middle School - Dec 12, 1pm
- St. Andrew's Episcopal School - Dec 13, 1pm
- McGehee School - Dec 14, 1pm
- St. Paul's Episcopal School - Dec 15, 10am
- Andrew Jackson Middle School - Dec 19, 10am
- Christmas at The Grill Room - Let our team of culinary experts do the cooking for you at Christmas with this whimsical holiday meal.
- Papa Noel Room Rates - Enjoy the lowest rates of the season as you combine your holiday revelry with a stay in the luxurious accommodations of the Winsor Court.
- New Year's Eve - Ring in 2018 with The Grill Room as our masterful culinary team presents a festive four-course meal to jumpstart your celebration.
Much work goes into the planning, set up, and maintenance of holiday festivities at Windsor Court Hotel every year. It is our favorite time of year to make our guests feel happy and at home. Here are some fun "tidbits and trivia" you probably didn't know about what goes into making this happen:
The Hotel Christmas Trees
- The Grand Lobby tree stands at 19 1/2 feet tall, custom cut from a 22-foot tall tree
- The farm is planting a tree in its place
- There are an additional ten trees decorated throughout the hotel
- All trees are Colorado Blue Spruce grown at a farm in Cadillac, Michigan
- Wishing Tree: A special interactive wishing tree is displayed in the lobby where guests are invited to add to the decorative festivities by writing their own wishes, dreams or memories on complimentary holiday ornaments and hanging them on the tree. Guests can share their sentiments by posting a photo to social media and tagging @WindsorCourt and the hotel will share and repost their favorites.
Holiday Lights & Decorations
- The lobby Christmas tree has approximately 25,000 mini white lights
- Over 3,000 ornaments of different shapes and sizes are dispersed amongst the ten trees
- There are four, six-foot gold magnolia wreaths in the main lobby windows with 30 feet of gold magnolia garland adorning each one
- The grand stairwell consists of 75 feet of gold magnolia along with 500 mini lights
- The hotel is trimmed with over 1,500 feet of gold magnolia garland